Sydney Observatory night tours include the 3D Space Theatre and telescope viewing. Telescope viewing is dependent on weather. It is not possible to see the night sky through cloud, however, the tour still proceeds with a cosy planetarium tour offered instead. Please read the conditions below carefully.
1. Evening sessions and some events are pre-booked and pre-paid. If there are spaces available they may be offered by the astronomer to patrons who walk-in on the night at the same price as the pre-booked tickets.
2. Discounts, entertainment vouchers and gift certificates must be advised when the booking is made over the phone. The voucher, certification card or other evidence of discount must be presented prior to commencement of the tour. If this is not presented full entry will be charged. A refund will not be offered if the booking has been made without notification of the discount.
3. Evening sessions are of about one and a half hours. Patrons may experience a slightly longer session depending on telescope viewing conditions.
4. Sessions are held regardless of the weather. If viewing through the telescopes is not possible due to sky conditions, a fun planetarium session is provided instead.
5. No refunds are offered on pre-paid tickets.
6. A rain check is available to patrons who contact the Observatory prior to 12 noon on the day of their tour. This allows the patron to rebook for another night, dependent on availability. Rain-checks will not be available for catered and some special events.
7. There is a limit of 20 persons in each tour and typically three tours are held at one time rotating around the observatory, each with an astronomer.
8. There is a limit of 40 tickets per customer with the exception being schools, scouts and other large community groups.