SCHOOL DAY VISIT – ASTRONOMY
Sydney Observatory is open for booked school visits Monday to Friday during school terms. Each 90-minute tour is guided by an astronomy educator and includes: an awesome 3-D space theatre experience, a look at the night sky in our bean bag planetarium and viewing through a telescope (weather permitting). During the day students can safely view the Moon, Venus, bright stars and the Sun using a special (safe) solar telescope.
Teachers are welcome to download our Solar System notes (pdf).
How to arrange a visit
Please consider several dates before making your booking, in case your first preference has already been taken.
To make a booking call 9921 3485 or 9921 3482 (8.30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday or 10am to 5pm weekends) and one of our friendly staff will assist you. Please ensure your have the following information ready:
• Name of school, address, telephone, fax and email details
• Number of students and class year
• Preferred time of arrival and departure (allow for travel time)
• Number of supervisors according to the following ratios: minimum of one teacher per 20 students
• Any students with special needs
• The best way and time to contact you if a return call is necessary
Once a date is confirmed, you will receive a booking confirmation form and invoice, plus background material and information. When you receive this information:
• Check that all booking details are correct
• Sign and return the form